Katherine Hamnett is a legend. She’s charismatic, funny, irreverent, self depreciating and supremely confident. She’s the Mammy of the ethical fashion movement and her passion is completely infectious. I’m just back from the Sugar Club where the wonderful Constance Harris interviewed her for over an hour and she’s so inspiring. Did I mention she’s hilarious. There need to be more people like her in the industry…
- Grow a pair. Fake it till you make it.
- Get a cleaner if you want a career.
- If you’re a designer, look to the export market as Ireland is too small.
- Fashion is tough and it’s ruthless. There are much nicer/easier ways to earn a crust.
- “Rubber bands are like so chic”
Thank you KH. You’re a breath of fresh air!